started with the "Diesel Filter Blocked"
This error actually means "Particulate Filter Blocked"
Misleading as to me the Diesel filter is a Fuel filter, not in this case though.
I jacked the car up to give good access to the Particulate filter,
1. removed Rubber pipes located just forward of the filter.
2. do not remove steal clips the rubber pipes pull off plastic junction held in clip on car.
3. Just follow the rubber pipes until you ket to the point where they are held against the car body.
4. pull pipes out of plastic clips and you will see the plastic union you can pull the rubber pipe off.
5. unscrew the sensor off the side of the filter and unplug wire connector put this in safe place.
6. undo the front clamp and rear clamp off the exhaust and a a little wiggling and the filter comes off.
7. If your filter is like mine (see pics) you can undo the 4 bolts and split the unit to aid cleaning.
8. Also undo feed pipe that joins front and rear section.
9. The unit then splits into 2 sections making it easier to wash out.
What did use? well I did not want to damage the filter so i used fairy liquid, hot water and a hose pipe on jet.
I washed both sections about 3 times until the water started to remain clean.
I found shaking the filer wile hose was in one end affective.
I would NOT recommend any banging of the unit.
I washed the unit out many times to ensure all soap was out of the matrix.
I used and Vax on wet to suck out any excess water, this was due to the properties of the filter matrix held water like a sponge.
don't tell Louise but i also slipped the unit in the oven to dry it out.
Well worked for me.
Fitted the Unit back together with a little "Note little" Gasket joint and fitted it back to the car.
Started the car and left to tick over for 30 mins just to dry out some more.
So far error "blocked filter" has now gone away and it even seems to pull a little better.
Time will tell......
Next its The £650 Heater Blower.