Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 September 2007

Update New Peugeot 307 110 BHP 4 Door.

Well did a little Research on the net about the "Diesel additive minimum level"

Special fluid top up required £20 per litre, and peugeot dealer required to reset the computer.

oh well never mind i can live with it.

Took it to peugeot Stafford for job to be done and asked them to do the cam belt also wile on the job.

Mike Thompson Stafford Ltd Phones me at work to tell me the water pump was leaking and if i wanted them to fit a new one wile it was in bits.

Well i knew it would be silly to say no so i let them continue, I did not mind because the car was cheaper that the 90bhp one i looked at and it was going to be all done.

I also asked if the mechanic could look at the heater blower wile they had the car, based on they should know the faults and be able to fit a new relay or switch whatever.

Got a call at about 4:45pm saying the car was done and ready for collection.

I asked if there where any problems and they said no its all gone fine.

I asked if they managed to find the fault with the heater blower and they said yes but they have not been able to fix it.

I said "no problem what's it going to cost" ( Wait for it ) ...........

£650 That the hell are you going to do to my car....

I said I wanted the heater to work not a new crankshaft fitted to the engine.

The lady on reception said it was a fault with the loom and resistor.

and the dashboard must be removed to fit the new wire loom. this is why it is £650 ( mostly labour )

The Materials to fix the car where aprox £70

I said thank you I will try and fix it myself.
Publish Post

so off I drove with the car with its new special Fluid for the particulate filter.

Next......

No comments: