Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 May 2009

Buying a Repossession House. ( Second House update !)

We decided to arrange our mortgage through our bank Lloyds TSB and agreed to use the Connells solicitor just to keep them happy.

After having our offer accepted at 225k for the house and a completion date of the 20/05/09 was given.

All items in place and a extra money in case a new offer is submitted.

20 Days until Completion, All looking good

Wile at work only 17 days away we received a call from connells stating that they had received a higher offer and asked us if we wanted to increase.

They could not - would not tell us how much the new offer was.

In summery over 5 days the cost went from 225k to 175k

At this point we knew we had lost the house as it had gone well over our budget.

we asked connells to ask the other party if whey would contact me directly on the presence to cover my £1000 outlay on mortgage applications.

Mohammed contacted me via phone and agreed to set up a gentlemen agreement that he would pay me the sum of £1000 if i placed no further offers on the property.

He has placed this in Wrighting and sent a signed letter to me to support this offer.

He has emailed me today to inform me he is expecting to complete tomorrow and that he will post me a cheque in the post next week.

This is good news as I will not be financially out of pocket as well as loosing the house.

No comments: