Total Pageviews

Saturday 1 September 2007

A Stroke Of Luck Update!!

On Friday I called up Homeserve with reference to my 3 months free cover on the drains and plumbing.

I asked if I was covered.

The Rep replied yes I am and asked if I would like to take out the cover for the year at £35.88/year

I replied I would be delighted to take out the cover, Pay them £35.00 and they will dig up the sewer and repair it. ( bargain ).

They arranged to send an engineer out Saturday morning between 9am and 12pm.

The engineer Pitched up just before 12 and i showed him the area the drain was collapsed.

He asked me how i knew it was damaged at this point and I showed him the video footage you can see on the blog ( If interested ).

He was pleased because he did not have to do anything to investigate the fault.

There was one problem though.....

The fault was under the public footpath just outside my gate.

The engineer made a phone call to check i was still covered, he confirmed this was fine and another company with a licence to work on the public footpath would have to come out on Monday for an estimate to repair the faulty pipe.

I am covered for up to £2000 per claim and 2 claim's per year, so i hope it will not cost more than this.

So all in all it still looks fine, so my fingers will remain crossed.

we will have to see how this works out........

No comments: